This spread helps us learn the signatures of the houses. In astrology the house is a signature that represents a part of our life. The signatures of the houses cover the various parts of life that we all have in common. They cover things like health, employment, friends, and enemies. Learning the signatures of the house helps us understand one another in that it forces us to realize we all experience the same things.
I was taught this spread to help me learn the 12 houses in astrology. I feel like it is one of the more interesting spreads I have learned. This a really good “go to” spread for just wondering what’s “going on,” all around, in a more general sense.
When I see a card in a certain spot it forces me to look at that aspect of my life, in the light of that cards meaning. Forcing me to use a different perspective to look at things.
After I give the cards an Intuitive Shuffle, I am going to lay the cards down in an order that matches the house as they’re represented on a birth chart.
Once those are laid out we have a card that represents each house. So now we will flip over each card starting the first house and see how that card represents some aspects of our life that are related to the house the card is in.
- Card #1 the first house – this card has to do with our health and well being
- Card #2 the second house- this card has to do with our personal finances and things that we own
- Card #3 the third house – this card has to do with friends, neighbors, brethren, common sense learning, learning of a general sense
- Card #4 the fourth house – this card has to do with life at home, a father figure, the home itself
- Card #5 the fifth house – this card has to do with risk taking, children, gambling, personal enjoyment
- Card #6 the sixth house – this card has to do with coworkers, sickness, friends.
- Card #7 the seventh house – this card has to do with marriage and relationships
- Card #8 the eighth house – this card has to do with responsibilities to other people, court proceedings, and the death of others.
- Card #9 the ninth house – this card has to do with higher learning, philosophy, publishing and expressing ideologies. Religion.
- Card #10 the tenth house – this card has to do with career the relationship with the mother figure.
- Card #11 the eleventh house – this card has to do with relationships with groups of people. Acquaintances.
- Card #12 the twelfth house – this card has to do with organizations institutions imprisonment false friends or enemies.